This afternoon is a rare time when things are quite around the house. Becky is resting, Cooper is playing Lego’s, Catelyn is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and Lydia is playing with dolls in her room. This is all in stark contrast to how things…. wait…. just as I’m writing this Cooper came down to show me his Lego creation, Lydia started singing at the top of her lungs, and Catelyn started to yell math problems at a calculator. Don’t ask me why she is doing that, she likes math and she like to be heard, that’s all I know.
A lot has happened over the past couple months, here are some highlights:
- Honeymoon in Playa Del Carmen Mexico! The best vacation I’ve ever had with the perfect person. How luck am I?
- Christmas. A picture says 1000 words. Lots of family, food, and fun. It was the first time that all Becky’s siblings had been together in several years.
- We made a big announcement at Christmas, which really deserves its own blog post.
- We moved and the girls got the princess room they were begging for. Wall decals saved me from building a real castle.
- Lydia, Catelyn and I were playing one afternoon and Lydia decided to show off the latest French fashions.
- Cooper turned 10 and we had a bunch of his friends from his old school over for a little party. 10-year-old boys are crazy and noisy. Who knew!?
- Pinewood Derby! Cooper’s car did great. He was in the top 3 of all his races.
That’s about it.